The Mecklenburg County Medical Society is your local professional organization representing more than 1,300 physician and physician assistant members who live and work in Mecklenburg County. The MCMS is a strong voice in our community and in the state of North Carolina concerning all political, social and economic issues affecting healthcare.
Some of the many benefits of joining the Mecklenburg County Medical Society include:
- Opportunity to promote the discipline of medicine with a positive voice to the community, such as by being involved in the Community Intern Program, a two-day program designed to pair community leaders (as interns) with physicians. Each intern spends the day with their assigned physicians at their practice or hospital
- Become an advocate for patients by promoting public health through informed patient advocacy and promoting high standards in medical care, ethics and education by becoming part of the delegation to the N.C. Medical Society or participating as a panelist on the UNCC- TV "Medicine and Society" Program where members discuss a range of medical issues with a moderator. The shows are televised on the UNCC-TV channel twice a year.
- Let your voice be heard! Be a part of our combined voice in public forums and local and state governments through Meck PAC
- Promote local healthcare initiatives, such as Physicians Reach Out, a physician-driven community program expanding access to healthcare for the uninsured in Mecklenburg County.
- Monitor and evaluate community health care needs and actively participate in solutions by being involved in committees such as the Child Health Committee or the Public Health Committee.
- Participate in annual MCMS social events such as our Celebrating Change annual dinner meeting with celebrated speakers, the Women Physicians Section events including their annual fashion event to benefit the local domestic violence shelter, David G. Welton, MD Society luncheons, and more.
- Receive and contribute regular news updates relevant to the local medical community by submitting practice news and articles on topics of interest to the Mecklenburg Medicine magazine, a monthly publication of the MCMS. Or become part of the Media and Public Relations Committee, a liaison between the media and the public to provide credible and accurate health information.
- Each member receives a copy of the pictorial membership directory when published. This directory lists specialty, office addresses and phone numbers, medical school and year of graduation.
- Membership lists are available to members only. Mailing labels can be printed for membership or by specialty. Contact the Medical Society office for pricing.
- Another member benefit is a web link to a term life insurance search engine that is hosted by Mark Boynton of Tucker Boynton Financial Group. The site will provide you with term insurance information from many of the most highly rated life insurance carriers, as well as other valuable information. Follow this link to www.MyQuote4Life.com.