The Mecklenburg County Medical Society is your local professional organization representing more than 1,300 physician and physician assistant members who live and work in Mecklenburg County. The MCMS is a strong voice in our community and in the state of North Carolina concerning all political, social and economic issues affecting healthcare.
Some of the many benefits of joining the Mecklenburg County Medical Society include:
- Opportunity to promote the discipline of medicine with a positive voice to the community.
- Become an advocate for patients by promoting public health through informed patient advocacy and promoting high standards in medical care, ethics and education.
- Let your voice be heard! Be a part of our combined physician voice in public forums and at the local and state level.
- Promote local healthcare initiatives, such as Physicians Reach Out, a physician-driven community program expanding access to healthcare for the uninsured in Mecklenburg County.
- Monitor and evaluate community health care needs and actively participate in solutions.
- Participate in MCMS social events to connect and network with others in the medical community.
- Receive and contribute regular news updates relevant to the local medical community by submitting practice news and articles on topics of interest to the Mecklenburg Medicine magazine, a monthly publication of the MCMS.